H is for...Hardwood Floors (of course).
Okay, if budget was no option, I'd probably opt for hardwood floors laid in a herringbone pattern in my dream house. Herringbone Hardwood for the double win double H.
via Design*Sponge
Something about this look stops me every single time. 
via CocoCozy
source unknown


source unknown
 Is it too busy though? Too formal? Maybe.
More realistically, I'd love a house with some old, original hardwoods that I could refinish into perfection with character and charm (not me...the floors. I'm quite sure I'd tackle this project with something far from charm).

H was a pretty obvious choice for me. I feel like hardwood floors are on pretty much everyone's must have list these days, but there are so many options to choose from, including type of wood and finish. I like medium tones, like those pictured above. Medium tones are traditional, classic and timeless.

Light tones can really lighten up a space (duh), and are common in Scandinavian design. They work beautifully with darker toned furniture, you don't have to worry about matching!
source unknown

Dark Hardwoods (think espresso) are more modern and contemporary, but I've heard they show dust very easily. Does anyone have any input on that?
via

 What tone do you like best? And as always, I'd love to hear what your dream house 'H' is!

Photobucket
ps. I'm sorry about all of the unknown sources in this post, I've had some of them saved since before I was a blogger and thought to save the links! Do forgive me loves.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top