I love white mantels, I love old brick surrounds, I love fireplaces that have been painted the usual black, white or grey. We've seen these time and time again, and for good reason...classics are classic after all. But, if you're looking to make a big impact with your fireplace and really make it the focal point of the room, why not have some fun with paint?
I came across this picture the other day and was instantly smitten:
via Brooklyn Bride
^This shot is from the studio of Regas, NY. I could do without the faux fire, although it is sort of crafty in cute, but I am in love with that bright, unexpected jolt of yellow.

Fern & Feather via Absolutely Beautiful Things
 ^This coral paint job by Alexis of Fern & Feather has my heart.

If you just can't commit to this look (come on, it's just paint!), I also love this idea of painting your fireplace screen in a color that pops!
via Live Like You

Could you, would you?
xo
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top