There is a part of my apartment that you all haven't seen much of, and that's my bathroom.
Functionally, my bathroom is perfect. Firstly, it's giant. It's got a large soaker tub, a huge shower, and a decent sized vanity. There is also a large window so I have ample natural light. The layout is also ideal, and the fact that I don't have to share it is pure bliss.

Aesthetically...it needs a bit of work. There is nothing really wrong with the way it looks. It's fine. My instinct as a designer is to replace all the tile with something fabulous and paint the vanity blackt, but let's face it, this is a rental and the fixed elements are not changing. Not only would my landlord say no, it also doesn't make sense for me from a financial perspective. But, I am thinking I could spruce it up for around $100.

Take a look at its current state:
^ Call me crazy but I actually kind of like the light fixture. I know it's super outdated, but it reminds me of an old Hollywood starlet dressing room. Things I don't love (but cannot change), are the  plain mirror, the counter top, faucet, light oak vanity colour, and the boring beige tile floors....so pretty much everything.
^ I do like the toilet. It's fairly small and nice looking. 
^ I love my tub and the big window. Again, the tile is not my favourite but atleast it's neutral.
^The view of my shower.
I also currently have pinky corally bath towels hanging on the wall opposite my vanity:

I'm thinking it needs a few minor tweaks to make it look a bit more cohesive, and a lot more styled.
Even though it's perfectly clean and tidy, it looks kind of hodge podge and cluttered to me.

I saw a small graphic black and white rug at The Home Depot that I am considering to replace the boring brown one I currently have. I put my black and white pillow down to get an idea of how it would look, and I'm liking the contrast:
I also think that the black and white help to make the fixed elements feel more 'goldy', which I like.

I also know that I can't change the mirror, but lately I've been seeing a lot of 'mirror on mirror' in bathrooms.... I wonder if there is a way I could put my octagonal mirror on top of this one in a non-permanent way....

Lastly, I'd add some chic accessories, and paint and hang a couple of abstract black and white paintings. I did a quick twenty minute brainstorming sketch:
What do you guys think?
xox
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top