Thom Filicia Lake House via House Beautiful
Ever since seeing this image of Thom Filicia's lake house in the photo above, I've been a bit obsessed with the blurred piece hanging above the credenza. The hazy ambiguity provides just enough narrative (mother, child, beach) while still feeling abstract and arty. Initially I thought it was a photograph but after staring at it for so long I'm not so sure (I couldn't find a source). Either way, I'm tempted to throw a gaussian blur on all my photos and have the printed out and hung all over my room. Crazy, yes? I smell a summer project.

The fascination eventually led me to discover the amazing work of Philip Barlow. I just love his paintings in which he captures this same blurred quality. To me, the genius in Barlow's work is truly his ability to understand and recreate light.
Sea of Glass by Philip Barlow
Glow 2 by Philip Barlow
Slipping by on 34th Street by Philip Barlow
Light Space by Philip Barlow
Pretty spectacular in my opinion. I'm feeling inspired. Have a wonderful Monday my friends!
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top