I'm sure by now you've all seen Lauren Conrad's new office set up over at Domaine. What did you think? I'm a little bit obsessed. But the thing that really caught my eye during the entire tour was her golden typewriter. I can't get it off my mind.
 I have always been drawn to vintage typewriters. I've considered purchasing one several times at antique shops and flea markets, but have never pulled the trigger. Not only are they charming to look at - For me, they represent my love for old literature and the written word. I have a degree in Honours English, and have always loved to read and write.
They also symbolize a sort of meticulous, careful execution. There is no backspacing on a typewriter - it's all about taking your time, really thinking about the words you are going to type, what you want to say. No chance for editing (unless you want to retype the whole thing).
You get one shot - and there is something golden about that, my friends.
If anyone knows where I can get my hands on a golden typewriter (slash add it to my list of fancy things I will buy one day when I can afford fancy things), don't keep it a secret! My guess is that it's a well preserved vintage. In the meantime I will keep myself contented with this golden stapler  from Shop by Monika. Have to start somewhere guys.
xox
All images via Domaine. See the rest of the tour here.
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top