When I was younger, I babysat for a family that had an old wooden steamer trunk as a coffee table. I loved that! It was the perfect place to store blankets and boardgames and it added a lot of character to the space. I've noticed that using a trunk as a coffee table is still going strong:
via Pinterest
via Style by Emily Henderson
Cassandra Lavalle via Coco & Kelly
via Lonny Mag April 2010
^ Love this lucite option!
via Peppermint Bliss
So you can imagine how excited I was when I left my house yesterday to bike to work and found this baby right outside my garage tipped upside down and left for the garbage man:
Being the hoarder lover of all good design opportunities that I am, I immediately dragged it into the garage and wrote my name on it in the dust. It needs some TLC but who doesn't love a good DIY project? You can't really tell from this crappy iPhone pic (I was running late for work by this time okay?!) but it's a gorgeous navy laquer. Once the gold bits are all shined up (and reattached..ahem), it's going to be a real showstopper. I still can't believe my luck! I've always referred to the alley behind my garage as 'garbage alley' but maybe treasure alley would be more appropriate?

And don't worry, I biked extra hard and made it to work with 2 minutes to spare ;). Sometimes you can have it all folks!
Don't forget to enter my Sleep Mask Giveaway going on now!
xo
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top