So as you may have seen if you follow me on Instagram, I'm thinking about giving my giant walk-in closet a mini makeover. It just feels cluttered, disorganized, and not living up to its full potential. Also, my hamper broke resulting in a growing mountain of laundry taking up most of the floor space. Of course, the most boring cost effective solution would be to replace the hamper, which I fully intend, but I figure why not have a little fun with the space too?

The only thing is that I'm questioning whether or not it is worth investing money into, when I only plan on being in this rental for another 18 months or so. But I think I can do it on a tight budget, and if I spend money on solutions that I can take with me to my next place (although I doubt I will find another closet this big), it will be worth it. I'm thinking $250-300 is a reasonable budget for the space.
I've dreamed up this moodboard with my current ideas for the space:
I love the idea of adding some dressers because everything looks more organized behind closed storage. I want the space to feel sexy and glamorous.

I've come across a couple of other great ideas that I would love to implement in my walk-in: 
via Design Darling
^ I love Mackenzie's idea of using an acrylic letter sorter to organize clutches. This would look great on top of those dressers!


via Made by Girl
^Maybe I could paper or paint the drawers with a fun pop of pattern or colour like Jen did.

And just in case you need a reminder of how it looks currently, here it is, only today it looks much messier:

So what do you guys think? Should I make this my spring project or do you think it's not worth it?
Cast your vote in the comments!
xox
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top